Judge - *TBD
LESLIE MANLEY, Superintendent
Entries Close: Monday, July 20
Contact Extension Office for Entry Forms
NO late entries will be accepted!
Show: Monday July 27 at 8:00 a.m.
1. This department is governed by the rules and regulations of the Eastern Colorado
2. All participants are required to wear ASTM/SEI approved helmets for all over/fence
classes and gymkhana events, activities and practice sessions.COVID update:
Participants must provide their own ASTM/SEI approved helmet. Contact the
Extension office if you need a helmet.
3. Entries for all youth exhibitors close prior to fair on July 20. COVID update: No day of
show entries, adds, or drops. All entries final on July 20.
4. Show will start at 8:00 a.m. on Monday, July 27.
5. All Junior Division classes are for Washington County 4-H/FFA. The Colorado 4-H
Horse Show Rule Book will be followed unless specific exceptions are listed in these
6. Junior Division classes will be divided into four age groups as follows: Senior – 14
yrs old & older up to 18; Intermediate – 11, 12, 13 yrs old; Juniors – 8, 9, 10 yrs old.
7.) COVID update: Open classes have been cancelled at this time
8.) Fees are as follows: County Youth: $1 per horse and $1 office charge. Junior
Division: $1 per horse, $1 office charge, and $1 per event (class) entered. Open
Division: $1 per horse, $5 office charge, and $2 per event (class) entered. The entry
fee will be paid back on a 50-30-20 percent basis.
9.) Horses will not be required to be stalled ongrounds for the duration of the fair.
However, stalls can be reserved when entering the show. Please indicate on the entry
form. Any 4-H/FFA horse participant that does stall their horses will be eligible for
10. Exhibitors must provide their own wood chips/shavings if they stall. Please refer to
Generals Rules STALLS section for additional fees and guidelines for horse stalls.
Exhibitors must clean out their stalls before checking out to receive back their $10
11. To be eligible for the All-Around in each division, the same horse/exhibitor
combination must show in appropriate showmanship classes and three or more
performance classes (if entering only three, only one may be a speed event). In event
of a tie, showmanship placing will break the tie.
12. TRAIL CLASSES: A special area will be set up for trail classes. Trail will follow
performance classes prior to speed events. Elements from Ranch Trail may be
included. COVID modification, see #17
13. No horses will be allowed in the bleacher or office areas.
14. No children under 5 will be allowed in the staging area near the entry gate to the
arena. The staging area is limited to exhibitors, parent/guardian of exhibitor, and
show personnel as designated. Only exhibitors leaving a class or going into a class
should be in the staging area at any time. COVID Update: Classes with multiple
participants must exit arena and staging area entirely prior to next class
entering. Classes that consist of individual performance, no more than two
participants may be in the staging area waiting for their turn to complete the
15. For Ranch Riding (classes 19-22) a standard western saddle will be allowed as per
4-H horse rules #91 in place of equipment required in rule #300.
COVID modification, see #17
16. The superintendent has the option of canceling or combining classes as conditions
17. COVID modification: Classes 19-21 will be combined into a hybrid class with 24-
26 using a ranch riding pattern with additional trail elements added. Classes 22-
23 are cancelled.
18. COVID modification: 75 up and back one-barrel flag. Instead of taking flag and
placing in container at barrel, pick up flag at container and contestant gets to
keep the flag. See 4-H horse rule book #250 for full description.
Junior Division Premiums
1st - $10; 2nd - $8; 3rd - $6; 4th - $4; 5th - $2
Class Premiums: 1st - $10.00; 2nd - $8.00; 3rd - $6.00
Champion - $15.00; Reserve Champion - $10.00
Grand Champion - $25.00
Reserve Grand Champion - $15.00
AWARD SPONSORS: TBD
JOE BURNS MEMORIAL AWARD
$25 to High Point Senior Youth
COVID update: Halter classes cancelled
(Must show your own animal)
4. Senior Showmanship
5. Intermediate Showmanship
6. Junior Showmanship
7. Open Showmanship
8. Youth (5-7) Showmanship (w/ an adult)
9. English Pleasure
10. Youth (5-7) Walk/Trot Western Pleasure
11. Jr Western Pleasure
12. Int Western Pleasure
13. Sr Western Pleasure
14. Open Western Pleasure
15. Junior Horsemanship
16. Intermediate Horsemanship
17. Senior Horsemanship
18. Open Horsemanship
19. Junior Ranch Riding See rule #17 Ranch Riding/Trail
20. Int Ranch Riding See rule #17 Ranch Riding/Trail
21. Senior Ranch Riding S ee rule #17 Ranch Riding/Trail
22. Open Ranch Riding
23. Youth (5-7) Trail
24. Junior Trail
25. Intermediate Trail
26. Senior Trail
27. Youth (5-7) Keyhole
28. Jr. Keyhole
29. Int. Keyhole
30. Sr. Keyhole
31. Open Keyhole
32. Youth (5-7) One Barrel Flag—see Rule 18
33. Jr. One Barrel Flag—see Rule 18
34. Int. One Barrel Flag—see Rule 18
35. Sr. One Barrel Flag—see Rule 18
36. Open One Barrel Flag
This information will be updated annually or as rules and regulations change.
* To Be Determined