Rabbit & Poultry Dept.
TBD, Judge TBD, Superintendent TBD, Junior Superintendent
TBD, Junior Superintendent
Poultry Check in/Weigh In Time:
Tuesday 4:00-6:00 p.m.
All animals should be in place by 6:00 p.m.
***The 2020 rabbit show has been cancelled due to
Rabbit Hemorrhagic Disease
Poultry Show: Wednesday 12:00 p.m.
1. This department is governed by the rules and regulations of the ECR. Check rules and
regulations for any changes or additions.
2. All record books must be in Extension Office by specified date to complete project.
3. Exhibitors or representative must be present when animals are shown.
4. Exhibitors must provide their own wood shavings or chips for bedding.
5. No glass containers allowed for feeders or waters.
6. No injured or diseased animals are allowed to stay in building.
7. Failure to properly care for animals may result in dismissal or non-payment of
8. All animals must be in their natural state.
9. Exhibitors are to be participating in Washington County 4H or FFA only.
10. Open class entries must check with superintendent as to availability of cages.
11. Market poultry and rabbits must be weighed in during the designated time. All market
animals must meet weight requirements.
12. Only the Grand and Reserve Champion market poultry and market rabbits will be
eligible for the junior livestock sale.
13. Consignment of sale animals and extra market animals to be shipped closes at 2:00
p.m. on Thursday!
The 2020 rabbit show was
cancelled due to Rabbit
• All poultry exhibited are to be 2 years old or less.
• A pair will be one male & one female of the same age & breed. Poultry market trios
may be any sex or combination of sexes.
• Only the Grand and Reserve Champion Junior Market Poultry may be consigned to the
junior livestock sale. See additional sale rules on pages 46-48.
• Catch it poultry are not eligible for the junior livestock sale and may only be shown in
the catch it class.
• Only one pen of market poultry (market trio) will be allowed per exhibitor.
• All market birds must be able to stand on their own.
Egg Class: One dozen eggs gathered from exhibitor’s hens and brought in the day of the show.
Breeding and Egg Production Classes:
1. Small Breed Hen
2. Small breed Rooster
3. Large Breed Hen
4. Large Breed Rooster
5. Small Pair
6. Large Pair
JUNIOR MARKET POULTRY
Weigh In Time: Tuesday, 4:00 – 6:00 p.m.
1. Fryer Pen of Three– Pen Weight 12 - 21 lbs.
2. Roaster Pen of Three– Pen Weight 21.1 - 27 lbs.
3. Catch it Poultry—Pen of three with pen weight from 12-27 lbs.
4. Turkey Hen - Minimum weight 13 lbs.
5. Turkey Tom - Minimum weight 20 lbs.
a. Breeding Pair
b. Market Pair (may be any sexes)
9. Other Birds - Entered by breed
1st - $7; 2nd - $5; 3rd - $1
Each Division for Poultry and Market Poultry will have
4-H/FFA Grand Champion – Award and Rosette
4-H/FFA Reserve Champion – $5 and Rosette
This information will be updated annually or as rules and regulations change.
* To Be Determined