1. Will follow State 4-H Shooting Sports Contest rules.
2. Scoring will be based on 4-H rules. To qualify for State Fair, top five individuals for
the Senior Shotgun Team will be selected by the following process:
A. Four shoots/contests—3 practice sessions and the County Fair Shoot will be
designated as qualifier shoots. The County Fair Contest Scores and their 2 best
scores from each of the 3 disciplines will be used to determine the team members
for State Fair Senior Team. To be eligible to shoot at National 4-H Contest the
Senior shooter must compete in all 3 disciplines.
B. Junior Shotgun—We can take a maximum of 15 Junior shooters to State Contest.
We’ll do our best to include all interested Juniors up to the limit of 15.
C. Archery – Teams consist of 4 members and 1 alternate. The County Fair Contest
Scores will be used to rank the eligible youth. Then youth (& family) must commit
to the State Contest – August 18-19 in Pueblo, or pass the spot to an alternate.
THURSDAY - July 16th at County Event Center
5:30 p.m. Air Rifle & Air Pistol
Premiums: Blue - $3.00, Red - $2.00, White - $1.00
Champions & Res. Champion Rosettes – each discipline
Premium Gifts to Champion All-Around - Seniors, Intermediates
& Juniors Special Premium Gift Sponsors: to be announced
Blue = 6 pts. Red = 3 pts. White = 0 pt.
• Awards based on total ribbon points, regardless of number of events.
• Awards presented to top two Juniors (8-10 years), Intermediates (11-13 years) and
Seniors (14-18 years).
• Ribbons - Blue Ribbon = 75% of total possible
Red Ribbon = 50-74% of total possible
White Ribbon = 49% and below.
• Tie Breakers - most blue ribbons; then actual event scores.
This information will be updated annually or as rules and regulations change.